The Government Green Deal is a major initiative intent of improving the energy efficiency of homes all over Britain.
Mainly, it’s the older properties which stand to benefit the most as these are unlikely to have many of the insulation measures already in place. This is especially true for those properties which were built before the 1920s.
With the Government Green Deal there is a limit of £10,000 currently available for domestic installations, covering a range of improvements and green measures, including:
- Wall cavity insulation and solid wall insulation
- Loft and roof insulation
- Double glazing
- Door insulation
- Smart meters
Those mentioned above are intended to reduce heat loss in the home, which adds hundreds of pounds to the annual household bill. With these in place you can slash your bills and cut carbon emissions too.
There are other measures available too, which can help you generate your own energy and avoid the National Grid. These include:
- Solar PV and solar thermal panels
- Air source and ground source heat pumps
- Biomass boilers
By generating your own energy you can end your reliance on the grid gas and electricity, which seems to be continually increasing in price. It’s a superb way to slash your spending.
If you’re interested in the DECC Government Green Deal then you’ll need to apply to the scheme and have an assessment carried out to calculate the energy saving potential of your home. Once this assessment has been concluded the assessor will provide you with a report on the best products for your home.
If you continue with the scheme these measures will be fitted free of charge. You’ll then start paying back the loan with the money you save on bills. And because of the Golden Rule, you won’t payback more than you save.
All Green Deal providers comply with national standards for workmanship and quality. All the work completed comes with a warrantee too, giving you that extra needed peace of mind.
Facts & Figures You’ll Love To Share
- As many as 26,000,000 homes in the UK could be eligible to receive Green Deal funding.
- Green Deal loans are paid back over a 10-25 year period with the payments taken from energy bill savings.
- Using the Government’s Green Deal you can upgrade your boiler, improve insulation and replace windows for no upfront fee.
- The Green Deal’s Golden Rule states that homeowners won’t pay back more than the savings they make on energy bills with improved efficiency.